Sunday, 3 June 2018

Week 22, 2018 - On integrative thinking, incompetent men and wake-up pauses - and more

Sunday, May 27th, 2018

Long before I developed an interest in leadership, I had an intense interest in creativity and innovation, and I still happily read about these topics. Art Petty's How Integrative Thinking Promotes Innovative Problem-Solving - complete with tools to promote integrative thinking on your team - beautifully combines leadership and innovation.

Monday, May 28th, 2018

Leadership is a topic that a lot of people talk about. Some truths - and maybe even more myths - are often told, but Wally Bock tells us 4 Important Truths about Leadership, which are not heard that often.

Tuesday, May 29th, 2018

I don't know about you, but I for sure want to do my best and make the best impression at work. But what should I actually do to make sure? Joel Garfinkle tells us about Making a Good Impression at Work. It's really not that difficult - and no, you don't even have to pretend to be anything you're not.

Wednesday, May 30th, 2018

In the Twitter-feed of Katherine Spinney, an interesting question caught my eye. it was Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic asking "Why Do So Many Incompetent Men Become Leaders?" And that is actually a very good question. And as I always worry about my leadership, I had to have a closer look to see whether this actually was an article about me.
Hopefully, it isn't - even though that is not for me to say.

Thursday, May 31st, 2018

People on executive teams are often strong-willed persons with definite ideas about the things they do - also on cooperation and team norms. It can be troublesome if such people do not pull together in the same direction - which is a pity, because a united executive teams gathered around the same set of norms is a formidable power. Sabina Nawaz tells you How to Create Executive Team Norms — and Make Them Stick.

Friday, June 1st, 2018

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I was born an introvert, and still I am not a natural networker. Therefore 8 Questions to Ask Someone Other Than “What Do You Do?” by David Burkus caught my eye - there is good advice here to add some variation into that awkward icebreaking moment for us introverts.

Saturday, June 2nd, 2018

Very often, our busy worklife tend to end us of working on auto-pilot - not really being present and awake in the moment and therefore not fully able to perform at our best. In order to overcome this, advice can be taken from Jill Malleck, who writes about Wake-up Pauses: The most important Leadership Habit


I hope the above has inspired you - it certainly inspired me. And I also hope it inspired you to stay tuned for seven new things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment