Sunday, 24 June 2018

Week 25, 2018 - On meetings, mistakes, untouchable days - and more

Sunday, June 17th, 2018

One of the unfavourable situations you can end up in when managing people is the situation, when your own manager does not like a person on your team. Liz Kislik gives advice on What to Do If Your Boss Doesn’t Like Someone You Manage.

Monday, June 18th, 2018

I have been writing about meetings before - how we all think that a lot of time is wasted in them. And even worse - the outcome of a meeting is heavily affected by what happens at the very beginning. Sue Shellenbarger tell about how in The Mistakes You Make in a Meeting’s First Milliseconds.

Tuesday, June 19th, 2018


There's no such thing as a born leader, and chances are, once you're appointed to your first leadership position, your not even very good at it. But fortunately, you can learn how to become a better leader. For instance, Lolly Daskal offers 5 Ways to Be A Better Leader.

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018

Untouchable days was a concept I hadnøt thought of until I stumbled across Neil Pasricha's Why You Need an Untouchable Day Every Week. I am going to do my best to fit one of those in every week.
And, by the way - I especially like the answer Neil Pasricha gives to his own question: "do I still go through the exercise of scheduling one Untouchable Day every single week?"

Thursday, June 21st, 2018

Another one of the unfavourable situations a leader can end up in relates to firing - these are situations that can become very ugly, if they are not handled thoughtfully and carefully. Karin Hurt and David M. Dye of Let's Grow Leaders tell about Firing with Compassion: How Do I Fire Someone and Still Win Well?

Friday, June 22nd, 2018

Not only can good reads be found at Let's Grow Leaders, Karin and David also provides good recommendations. Here, I for instance found Better Meetings written by John Hunter. And as I might have hinted - better meetings is a thing I really care about.

Saturday, June 23rd, 2018

One of the nice things about managing people, however, is working with emotional intelligent employees. Why? Denese Skinner has a number of good reasons in Why You Should Hire Emotionally Intelligent Employees. As she says: it might give hard job interviews, but it makes work so much easier afterwards.


Once again, I hope the above has been able to inspire you in your reading, and that you will stay tuned for seven new things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment