Sunday, 10 June 2018

Week 23, 2018 - On self-sabotage, thought leaders, fiction reading - and more

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018

I think RiShawn Biddle says it brilliantly already in the subheading to his text Words as Self-Sabotage: "You are often your own worst enemy. It starts with the words out of your mouth and the voices in your head." And lets face it - that is one enemy that you could do without, and the closest one to eliminate. And the text offers three steps to get your brain back on track.

Monday, June 4th, 2018

Some men shy away from every heading that contains the words "for women". But hey - since a lot of my close friends and relations are women, why shouldn't I read it? There might be wisdom in it for me to share - and who knows? Even men might become wiser from the things wirtten in such articles. A very good eaxample is written by Kathryn Heath: 3 Simple Ways for Women to Rethink Office Politics and Wield More Influence at Work

Tuesday, June 5th, 2018

I think most people have dreamed about becoming a thought leader in a field they are passionate about - but how to do it? Dorie Clark offers advice in How to Create Thought-Leading Ideas.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2018

In later years, I have not been reading much fiction, as there is so much brilliant non-fiction around. But with his The case for reading more fiction (from a non-fiction author, Ozan Varol has actually made me think twice. And most likely, I am going to squeeze in more fiction reading in the time to come.

Thursday, June 7th, 2018

I am very fond of the way in which Katherine Spinney is able to take the humourous approach to serious issues that matter. In Goldilocks and the Three Leaders, she has chosen the fairy tale approach to leadership - in a way that should make many leaders become introspective and consider their own leadership.

Friday, June 8th, 2018

Most Leaders Know Their Strengths — but Are Oblivious to Their Weaknesses (by Jack Zenger and Joseph Folkman via @HarvardBiz) https://hbr.org/2018/02/most-leaders-know-their-strengths-but-are-oblivious-to-their-weaknesses

Saturday, June 9th, 2018

As long as you agree with the decision you have to carry out, leadership is not that difficult. Not that it is easy, but when you start disagreeing with the decisions, it becomes really tricky.  Art Markman tells you what to do When You Have to Carry Out a Decision You Disagree With.


I have had a brilliant week with excellent reading these last seven days - I hope I am able to inspire you in your reading, and as always, I hope you stay tuned for seven new things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment