Sunday, December 17th, 2017
Christmas time is coming (and by the time I release this, it is almost upon us) - and with Christmas, the time for gifts. But as Julie Winkle Giulioni points out in the text Holidays aren't the only time for leadership GIFTs: "What employees really want doesn’t come in a box or require a bow. And it’s certainly not restricted to December." In this texts, Julie puts the G, the I, the F and the T in the GIFT you can (and should) give your team all year - it's not even expensive
Monday, December 18th, 2017
It is really amazing how much easier a lot of things are, if only we trust each other - both at home, in the spare time and at work. Paul J. Zak has written an interesting piece on The Neuroscience of Trust. Here, he explains why trust is so important, what it does to us - and how we should foster a culture of trust in the workplace.
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
I think most of us have been faced with rejection - some of us numerous times. The good news is that rejection in itself doesn't have to be a problem. The problems only come if we do not handle rejection properly. Therefore, there is good reason to read the text by Kat Boogaard, listing the 5 Things Successful People Do After Getting Rejected,
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
To some of us, doing presentations is more than a little scary - for some, it is actually about as bad as things get. What could possibly make it worse: well, try presenting for senior executives?
Most likely, it is something that a lot of us will never grow to feel exactly good about - but we can at least arm ourselves with Joel Garfinkle's 5 tips for presenting to senior executives. Though I know that I at least will never feel 100 percent at ease when presenting with such an audience: when you know you have had the good advice in advance, it might be a little less bad.
Most likely, it is something that a lot of us will never grow to feel exactly good about - but we can at least arm ourselves with Joel Garfinkle's 5 tips for presenting to senior executives. Though I know that I at least will never feel 100 percent at ease when presenting with such an audience: when you know you have had the good advice in advance, it might be a little less bad.
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
And while we are at it, another take on communication - in more general terms, it is certainly worth taking heed of the advice from Sylvia Lafair given in 5 Powerful Habits That Will Make You a Better Communicator. If you are mindful about your communication, it will make it a better experience for people to listen to you and respond to you. And you yourself, of course, will also benefit from the improved conversations originating from this.
Friday, December 22nd, 2017
Especially when coming from an engineering background, it is easy to reject meditation, mindfulness and similar topics as some strange new age mumbo-jumbo which is really not of relevance. Therefore I am also pleased, whenever I find evidence that draws in another direction. Such as when I found this article by Emma Schootstra, Dirk Deichmann and Evgenia Dolgova, who ask the interesting question: Can 10 Minutes of Meditation Make You More Creative? If it can, it is really time well spent.
Saturday, December 23rd, 2017
Initially, when I started blogging, I did it mostly as a way of keeping notes, not really intended for other people to read. But over time, I have become more interested in people reading what I write. Therefore, Susanna Gebauer's text on 8 Reasons Why I Did Not Read Your Content quite naturally caught my eye. Of course, you can say that since you have made it to here, my problems could be bigger - but on the other hand, I would like to use this blog to spread the interesting thoughts of inspiring people to as wide an audience as possible - and as many people to read as far as this.
Once again, I hope the above has been able to inspire you in your reading, and I hope you stay tuned for seven new things next week.
In the meantime, I wish you the Happiest of Holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment