Sunday, 19 August 2018

Week 33, 2018 - On pauses, the future - and more?

The good thing about vacations is that sometimes, they provide a natural break in something that has been going on for a longer period of time - things that have become routine, but might do better, if the routine for some time was broken by something else.
Late last autumn I launched one of my many ideas and started writing this blog - mostly as a list of bookmarks for myself to remember, but as it was a blog, also for the eyes of other people. And even though it has made it possible for me to keep a sharper focus on some things I read than what I might have done otherwise, and even though readers have been happy to have the inspiration, I have to admit that lately, the blogging had become sort of automatic; I no longer did it with the same enthusiasm as I had done originally.
During the summer vacation I had the possibility to put variation to the concept, focusing on a single book, #ABookThatCouldChangeYourLife, but now, as the daily life has returned, it seems like the enthusiasm for writing the weekly list of links has not quite followed troop.
One has to admit that there is a tidal effect here as with so many other things in life - there are highs and there are lows. So I have decided to give #SevenThingsIReadThisWeek a break for some time. Not that it is to be closed for ever, not by any means. Also, occasional spontaneous blog posts might well appear. But for a time, I think that the blog and I will benefit from not having regular dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment