Sunday, 5 August 2018

Week 31, 2018 - On finding our whys - reading #ABookThatCouldChangeYourLife

It is only rarely that I read a book which actually makes me want to change my worklife fundamentally. But the book that Peter Docker and David Mead wrote with Simon Sinek made me consider the possibility in a way that I do not often experience.
You have most likely stumbled upon Simon Sinek before, have maybe seen his TED talk on "The Golden Circle" and perhaps even read his book "Start With Why", describing why it is so much more appealing to other people, if you are able to describe why you do the things you do, rather than just explaining what you do and perhaps how you do it.
With Peter Docker and David Mead, Simon Sinek's philosophy is taken a step further - they want to help us finding our own Why - help us understand why is it that we do the things we do - regardless whether we want to know it as individuals or organizations, and they tell us how to do it in an easy and straightforward way.
I could write on forever, but I do not think that I could express myself more clearly than by saying: After having read this book I would really like:
To help other people find their Why, so that people can become more enthusiastic about what they do and make this world a better place. 
I don't know whether there are people out there who would trust me with this - but if there are, this book made me want to help them, and believe that I am able to.
If this has sparked your curiosity, other reviews can be found, e.g. at amazon following the link below:
(And as a disclaimer, like before: yes, the above is an Amazon Associate link - it seemed to me to be the easiest way to provide you with an image and a link to have a closer look on other reviews. It is not my plan to use this as a mean to become rich - and if you prefer, you can just as well have a look by following this link - or better still: go support your local book store...)

No comments:

Post a Comment