Innovation and creativity are among our favourite topics - and this made me pick up an old favourite this summer. I actually read this book the first time, when it came out - and I found it so inspiring that I bought copies for my team at work for Christmas to inspire them.
The book In The Shower With Picasso is based on interviews with people from different backgrounds, telling about how they find and use their creativity, and a central topic is the "creative break" - what is it that these creative people do to get a break from what they are doing and get new ideas in the process (the title actually originates from Picasso's habit to shower, when he was out to get new ideas).
Not only is it fascinating to read about the routines that interesting people apply in order to get their best ideas. There is actually also the possibility to get inspired yourself - there might be one or more of the methods that could be applicable for your inspiration, too. (I myself am especially fond of the simple, yet useful idea given by the film maker Jørgen Leth.)
The book is written by the renowned Danish professor of educational psychology at Aalborg University Lene Tanggaard and the Danish business man Christian Stadil. As a matter of fact, Lene Tanggaard has written several interesting books on the topics of learning and creativity - unfortunately, not many have made their way into an English translation. But In The Shower With Picasso fortunately has, and I find it a very inspirational read.
If this has sparked your curiosity, other reviews can be found, e.g. at amazon following the link below:
No comments:
Post a Comment