Sunday, 4 March 2018

Week 9, 2018 - On words, focus, resilience - and more

Sunday, February 25th, 2018

Bojosi Gamontle has written wisely about How the words you speak or receive can affect your life and that of others - we should be aware, that the words we speak can make a world of difference to the people who hear them. Any word can be balm, medicine, energiser or poison to the mind of yourself and others - and we should always take into careful consideration what sort of words we apply.

Monday, February 26th, 2018

I have read some of Gordon Tredgold's excellent posts on leadership before - this week, I read 9 Simple Reminders That Will Make You a Better Leader. I like simple reminders very much - simple is easy to remember - and these are excellent examples. I'd have liked to pick a favourite - but as a matter of fact, all nine are great pieces of advice.

Tuesday, February 27th, 2018

Let's face it. We live in a world where focus is important. Yet we live in a world where more and more intruders fight to have a share of our focus. E-mails, for instance. In Stop Letting Email Control Your Work Day, Paul A. Argenti discusses exactly that - how to take control over what's urgent and important back from the e-mail intruders. 

Wednesday, February 28th, 2018

You most likely know the story the four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody, which ended when Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done. With that story in mind, it is good to read Ginger Hardage's guest post with Eileen McDargh Whose Job is Corporate Culture Anyway?
I like the conclusion: "Culture is everyone's responsibility" - when Everybody takes responsibility, it is not possible for Anybody to blame Somebody for what Nobody did.

Thursday, March 1st, 2018

Just as the words we use make a world of difference to the people we talk to, they do a world of difference to the way we frame our lives - and I personally do my best to use the right words to make the best frame for myself. One of the tricks I have come upon is presented by Scott Eblin in his text Do you “have to” or do you “get to”? There is actually a world of difference - and I strongly prefer the world in which I get to do things.

Friday, March 2nd, 2018

It was Janice Kobelsky who attracted my attention to The Maker Monday Challenge: Begin Each Week on a Creative Note by John Spencer. I am always on the lookout for ways to increase creativity in teams and myself, and this was a most welcome read. Why don't you take the Monday Maker Challenge?

Saturday, March 3rd, 2018

These days, in a fast-paced world, resilience seems to be increasingly in demand. But according to Ron Carucci, there's hope. And the help is closer than you might have imagined - as it is implied by the title of the article: The Better You Know Yourself, the More Resilient You’ll Be.


Well - I actually read significantly much more than the above this week - but for now, we will leave that as a cliffhanger, to which we will return at a later point in time. In the meantime, I hope the above has been able to inspire you in your reading; as always I hope you stay tuned for seven new things next week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Henrik. You are conscientious and thoughtful! This is a great post. I like how you built this beautiful mosaic using everyone's pieces. A representation of how the world ought to be because together we stand! Have a great day and rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you liked it, Bojosi. We live in a world where we can really make a difference by standing together, making each other great, rather than dividing and diminishing. I hope by this - and by emitting the same message on Twitter - I am able to provide my little piece of the difference.

    ReplyDelete