Sunday, 13 May 2018

Week 19, 2018 - On leadership, trust, delegation - and more

Sunday, May 6th, 2018

I try to be aware of my habits - how they are forming me, and which bad habits I could really do with exchanging for good ones. But bad habits are sneaky and hard to get rid of, and I really need all the help I can get. Such as, for instance, How to Break Bad Habits and Make Good Habits by Steve Gutzler.

Monday, May 7th, 2018

I think I have offered my opinion on this topic before - but if I haven't done it in these pages before, I'll happily do it once more: In networking, as in so many other aspects of life, quality is preferable to quantity. In How to Prioritize Your Networking, Dorie Clark offers advice on how to distill quantity into quality by prioritization. 

Tuesday, May 8th, 2018

A lot of people go to work every morning, even though they are not really able to find any meaning in what they do. Most likely, it is possible for them to find this meaning, if they simply rephrase the narrative they have formed around their work. This is the very interesting and important topic John Coleman treats in his To Find Meaning in Your Work, Change How You Think About It..

Wednesday, May 9th, 2018

Related to Tuesday's text, yet different, is Peter Economy's Stand Out, Fuel a Movement, and Make Your Work a Calling. As it is stated so elegantly in the subheader: "To stand out in a sea of sameness you have to think differently, act decisively, and move quickly". This text is about how.

Thursday, May 10th, 2018

With all the litterature on leadership that's on the market, one is easily lead into thinking that it is a very complicated topic. But what if it isn't? In a guest post on Jesse Lyn Stoner's blog, Hank van der Merwe shares 5 Tips to Stop Overcomplicating Leadership 

Friday, May 11th, 2018

One of the things leadership is about is delegation, and I think Dan Rockwell has an excellent explanation of what it's about in Delegation is the decision to replace yourself. To stay with the metaphor of the text: There's a subtle difference between sweeping the floor and keeping the room clean - and if you delegate the authority to keep the room clean, you will be able to cover many more rooms than if you delegated the task of sweeping the floor.

Saturday, May 12th, 2018

And, while we're at it: leadership is also about trust. On the topic of the elements on which trust - and thereby high trust teams are built, Randy Conley gives us Four Pillars of High Trust Teams - How To Take Your Team to The Next Level. 

As so many other weeks, this has been a week with so much brilliant stuff to read that it's difficult - no, impossible - to fit all of it into one text a day. But that's the blessing and the curse of the format I have chosen - some weeks, not all can be fitted in - and that actually gives me yet another good reason to revisit some of the brilliant texts at a later point in time. I, for my part, hope you will revisit me for seven new things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment