Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Last Sunday, I spent a bit of time on Rebecca Elvy's Patreon page.Rebecca is currently working on a book on inspired, intentional, impactful life and leadership, and I am so privileged to have access to Rebecca's Intentional Leader-feed (and you can, too, if you want to). To me, it forms a basis for a lot of good discussion on interesting topics regarding inspiration, intention and impact, which I am happy to be part of.
Monday, October 30th, 2017
I was so fortunate to find Navdeep Sanghara's reference to Dan Rockwell's brilliant piece on 5 ways to show up like a leader and build culture every day from January this year.I am already a strong believer in Management By Walking Around, but Dan Rockwell's post makes it even more tangible that there's a difference between showing up as a leader as opposed to merely just showing up.
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Tuesday, I had the pleasure of reading a very nice post from Charlie Gilkey. At medium.com, he has posted a piece with the title "Do You Have an Idea Garden?"
Some people might claim that "this idea garden stuff is simply a smart term for a directory which you can keep in a document, a note-taking application or similar place" - technically, I cannot counter that argument.
But I find the metaphor of the idea garden very appealing: we could all do with a place, where our ideas can flourish and cross-pollinate, and we can do grooming, pruning, grafting and all sorts of similar things to turn my ideas into something that can eventually exist in public outside the garden.
So even if you find the term a bit (excuse the pun) flowery - try to look at your notebook, desk drawer or wherever you stuff your ideas until they are ready to be released to the public, as an idea garden. Good things might come from it.
Some people might claim that "this idea garden stuff is simply a smart term for a directory which you can keep in a document, a note-taking application or similar place" - technically, I cannot counter that argument.
But I find the metaphor of the idea garden very appealing: we could all do with a place, where our ideas can flourish and cross-pollinate, and we can do grooming, pruning, grafting and all sorts of similar things to turn my ideas into something that can eventually exist in public outside the garden.
So even if you find the term a bit (excuse the pun) flowery - try to look at your notebook, desk drawer or wherever you stuff your ideas until they are ready to be released to the public, as an idea garden. Good things might come from it.
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
November is here - and I have been inspired by reading Philip Clark's piece on the 30-day challenge on learning and sharing from TED talk videos from August.
It is my hope that I will be able to follow his inspiration to connect through knowledge, network, learn to learn and solidify knowledge. And along the way, be able to promote some truly inspiring talks from some truly amazing people sharing my picks under Philip Clark's hashtag #30dayTEDchallenge.
It is my hope that I will be able to follow his inspiration to connect through knowledge, network, learn to learn and solidify knowledge. And along the way, be able to promote some truly inspiring talks from some truly amazing people sharing my picks under Philip Clark's hashtag #30dayTEDchallenge.
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Originally, I actually read Sonia Thompson's 7 Habits of Highly Connected People at Inc.com earlier than Thursday, but I have to come back to it, and I most likely will again, so I'll be using this post as a useful bookmark for it to be able to spread the word in the future.
We all talk about the importance of networking, but this post underlines very well what networking is really about. So well that I cannot pick any of the seven habits to emphasize specifically here - but I can highly recommend that you read it for yourself. And start living by it where you care for your networks - both in real life and through social media.
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Michael Simmons writes on Time.com (originally on Medium.com) about 6 Ways to Invest Your Time Like a World-Class Leader.
I am well aware that even though world-class leaders spend their time in this way, spending my time in this way does not automatically make me a world-class leader.
But I am willing to settle for less - and it is relatively easy to have a go at incorporating these pieces of advice in daily life. However, most of us might have difficulties fully embracing Hack #2, unfortunately...
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
Well - it might not exactly be something I read, but yesterday, as a part of the #30dayTEDchallenge put forward by Philip Clark, I enjoyed the Inside the mind of a master procrastinator TED talk of Tim Urban, given at TED2016 in February last year.As all TED presenters, Tim Urban is a brilliant communicator - and his presentation style actually manages to make me have fun while it slowly dawns on me that I am controlled by a frightful monster - the Instant Gratification Monkey. But now that he has put words on it for me, it becomes a little easier to fight the monster.
Try to have a look for yourself and see, if it isn't almost too familiar for comfort.
And do consider joining Philip Clark's challenge - there is lots of food for thought on TED.com.
Well - last Sunday this was just a crazy idea, but I actually managed to get through the week with the desired result; and what's more, I expect to be able to do the same over again.
So I hope the above has been able to inspire you in your reading, and I hope you stay tuned for seven new things next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment