Sunday, 8 April 2018

Week 14, 2018 - On raising kids, following through, doubting oneself - and more

Sunday, April 1st, 2018

Being a parent, I think that one of the foremost concerns that comes to mind is: how do I bring my kids up to be good people? It is a question, for which inspiration is always welcome. And Jessica Stillman gives some excellent inspiration in Want to Raise Down-to-Earth Kids? It Helps to Know a Little Psychology.

Monday, April 2nd, 2018

On the last of the Easter days, I reread Katherine Spinney's text Break the Cycle of Following Up by Following Through. Katherine has a very valid point here - a point that I will do my best to keep in mind: a lot of time and resources spent following up on things could be put to much better use, if we were just better to follow things through instead.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018

If we do not know how to handle it, fear easily becomes a very limiting factor in our lives. Kim Garst discusses fear and how to overcome it from an entrepreneurial perspective in How To Keep The Fear Factor From Crushing You - but the advice she gives is actually very applicable to our everyday fears as well, and well worth a read.

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018

Another limiting factor that most people encounter from time to time is the imposter syndrome - this nagging feeling that I am not suffciently qualified to do what I am doing, and that it is only a matter of time before it will be publicly known. In Imposter Syndrome: 4 Ways to Defeat Self-Doubt, Karin Hurt discusses this feeling - and what can be done to overcome it.

Thursday, April 5th, 2018

Every company - and every leader - has a culture and some values that they would like their employees to adhere to. But over time, this message can grow from simple, clear directions to very elaborate statements that are impossible to relate to in normal everyday operations. Tell Employees What You Want Them to Strive for (in as Few Words as Possible) by David Rock takes a look at this problem.

Friday, April 6th, 2018

In the very personal post Why do I need to take responsibility when it’s not my fault? Lauri Meizler centers on the very important observation: in every situation in life, we may not necessarily be at fault, but we still need to take responsibility. A very important lesson that we should all keep in mind.

Saturday, April 7th, 2018

Ronni Hendel-Giller has written the wonderful piece Becoming a Thinking (and Listening) Partner, which underlines the power of truely listening. After having read this, I am certain that most people would agree that one of the greatest things, we can hope to aspire to become, is someone's Thinking Partner.


Even though it has been a week where I have been somewhat "off the grid", it actually happened to become yet another week with great reading experiences. I hope that the above has been able to inspire you in your reading. If so, do stay tuned for seven new things next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment